Are you one of those people who keep saying “I don’t have time for workouts”? I know it seems impossible when you are leading a busy schedule. But you can make it happen with these quick and easy workouts. All you have to do is manage your time wisely and just take out 10-15 mins for your workout or just squeeze some while doing your daily routine.
Super effective exercises if you have 10-15 mins to spare
1) Jump rope: Jump rope is considered to be the most effective form of exercise as it is a full-body workout. For an average-sized person, it can even burn 10 calories in a minute.
Technique- Almost everyone knows how to jump rope but not many do it in the right way. First, adjust the length of the rope according to your comfort, it shouldn’t be too long or too short. When you jump it should land on your toes and not flat. While swinging the rope, you shouldn’t swing your arms but use your wrists to turn the rope.
2) Mix of Burpees and Mountain climbers: Both burpees and mountain climbers are effective full-body workouts and help in burning calories & fats.
Technique of Burpees- It is basically a mix of jump squat and plank or push up. Start with the squat position, reach out for the floors with your weight on the hands and kick back your feet. Stay in plank position and do a push-up (can skip push-up if you want). Bring your feet back to the previous position and jump up in the air with your hands overhead. Land softly with your knees bent and return to squat position and repeat.
Technique of Mountain climbers- Stay in a plank position with your weight resting on the hands. Then lift your right knee towards the chest and bring it back to the starting position. Do the same with your left leg and keep switching. You can do it both at a faster and slower speed.
Squeezing in workouts in your daily routine
3) Horse Stance: Horse stance is an important posture in Asian martial arts and literally resembles the position while riding a horse- a wide squat. This exercise helps to strengthen your back and leg muscles. This exercise can be done in the morning while brushing your teeth or taking a shower.
Technique- Stand with your legs apart pointing your toes forward or slightly at an outward angle. Lower your body until your thigh is parallel to the ground and stay in this position as long as you can. You might not be able to do it perfectly initially but gradually you will. It’s okay if you can’t squat lower or stay long enough, you will perfect it with time.
4) Brisk walk or calf raising exercise: Brisk walking is the easiest and effective cardio workout. It helps maintain body weight and lose body fat. Calf raising exercise strengthens calf and ankle muscles. These exercises can be done at the office while attending phone calls.
Technique- Brisk walk is basically walking at a faster pace. Don’t worry if you have limited space at your office, you can always stay in one place and spot walk.
For calf-raising, stand straight and raise your heel until you are on your toes. Then lower it slowly and repeat it a number of times. You can hold the back of a seat or chair for balancing.
5) Planks or Squats: Have you been binge-watching your favourite shows on Netflix? You are most likely chilling with pop-corns or pizza while watching. Instead, you can fit in plank or squat exercises and cut some calories & body flab. Both exercises are beneficial for core muscles.
Technique of Plank- Lay on the floor with your elbows under your shoulders and hands flat on the floor. With the support of your forearms and toes, raise your body parallel to the floor in a straight line and hold in this position as long as you can.
Technique of Squats- Stand with your legs apart with toes pointing forward or slightly at an outward angle. Lower your body as if you are sitting on a chair and then stand up. Keep repeating as much as you can. Your knees should not exceed your toe line.
6) Raising legs against the wall: Ever heard of bedtime exercises? Well, it’s best for people who don’t have time as you can do it at the end of your day. There are many exercises you can simply do by lying down on your bed and raising your legs up against the wall is the simplest one. Some of the benefits are regulation of blood flow, improves digestion, restores tired feet or legs.
Technique- Lie down on your back and raise both legs parallel to the wall. You can also take support of the wall too while doing it. Stay in this position for at least 20 mins.
Staying fit should be a part of your lifestyle and not make it something as a separate target. These exercises would definitely help you but don’t forget to hydrate yourself as well.